Champion Walking Shoes  » Clothes  »
  • So far, I'm not overly impressed with them
  • Granted, when you spend less than $10 on a pair, you can't expect them to be the best pair you ever wore
  • I thought the lining inside them offered sufficient padding but, when I'm going on my morning walk around the neighborhood, it feels a bit like I'm walking bare foot
  • I think I might have to invest in some new innersoles for them
  • I can't complain too much because of the price but I really am disappointed by this purchase

• by Steve

When it comes to most things, I usually put quality over price. However, as weird as this might sound, I don’t do that with shoes. The reality is, I put shoes through such abuse, I don’t want to spend a fortune on them because they rarely last me more than a few months. I had finally found a pair that gave me actual bang for the buck and had them for almost two years before I finally had to retire them.

When I did, I once again went shopping and ended up settling for a $9 pair of Champion Walking Shoes. So far, I’m not overly impressed with them. Granted, when you spend less than $10 on a pair,

you can’t expect them to be the best pair you ever wore.

But, I only spent $5 on that last pair and they were pretty good so it isn’t unreasonable to expect some sort of quality. Even though I tried these on at the store and even walked around a bit in them; it wasn’t until after I had them for about a week when I discovered they really aren’t that great. They are holding up physically, but, for walking shoes, they really don’t give you a whole lot in terms of comfort when you’re walking.

I thought the lining inside them offered sufficient padding but, when I’m going on my morning walk around the neighborhood, it feels a ...

• bit like I’m walking bare foot. I can feel every bump and every stone I step on. In fact, I hate to say it, but my feet have been a bit sore lately and I really think it might be from the shoes.

I think I might have to invest in some new innersoles for them; which is a bit disappointing considering I usually don’t do that until the shoes are starting to get some wear and tear to them. I’m also a bit concerned about their durability. Like I said before, they are holding up pretty well.

But, I’ve also been taking care of these; something I don’t normally do. Normally, I wear my shoes regardless of weather

or what I’m doing. I’ve still been slipping on my old pair when it’s raining outside or if I’m working in the garden so the Champion brand hasn’t even been tested yet.

I have a feeling that, once I get back into my habit of wearing them regardless of any abuse they might take, they won’t be able to hold up. It doesn’t look like they have much stitching in them, just glue; usually not a good sign when it comes to shoes. I think they’ll probably only last me a couple of months.

I can’t complain too much because of the price but I really am disappointed by this purchase. Low price doesn’t always have to mean low quality but, in this case, it did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 551207401070431/k2311a0712/7.12.08