Angel Parboiled Rice
  • I decided to try a package of Angel Parboiled Rice because the brand I usually buy was out of stock
  • Parboiled rice is a type of rice which is steamed to help retain vitamins in the rice grains so i had no problem trying a different brand of rice
  • Angel Parboiled Rice is manufactured in Guyana and I think it is primarily good for making fried rice

• by RJR

I decided to try a package of Angel Parboiled Rice because the brand I usually buy was out of stock. Parboiled rice is a type of rice which is steamed to help retain vitamins in the rice grains so i had no problem trying a different brand of rice.

Angel Parboiled Rice is

manufactured in Guyana and I think it is primarily good for making fried rice. It tastes very nice but the texture of it seems to be one that is more on the harder side.

I was making a dish the other day and wanted the rice to get fluffy. I kept adding in ...

• liquid for it to boil more and get fluffier but to no avail. The rice itself is soft but the grains don’t seem to swell up for some reason. I have to admit, it has it’s advantages because if you are cooking it and are busy with another dish, leaving the rice
        boiling for an extra few minutes won’t ruin the overall texture.

I am not sure if I will purchase this brand of rice again for general use. I may purchase it if I have to cook a large meal of fried rice. The grainy texture of the rice is perfect for this purpose.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271207400650331/k2311a0712/7.12.08