Ashley Pressure Cooker  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • Unfortunately I couldn't get a replacement rubber or find one anywhere and now this pressure cooker became out of commission as well
  • I still like the material because it is obviously strong and doesn't get tarnished but I am very disappointed with the rubber incident

• by RJR

I was in desperate need of a pressure cooker as the one I had before was out of commission for quite a while and I saw a pressure cooker from a brand named called “Ashley” on sale at a local store here.

I went back the next day and bought one, these things

were apparently selling like hot cakes! I was delighted at my new purchase because the material of the pressure cooker was quite strong and actually still is!

My only beef with this pressure cooker was after quite a few uses is the pact that the rubber around it became loose and fell off ...

• the inner rim of the cover for the pressure cooker. Unfortunately I couldn’t get a replacement rubber or find one anywhere and now this pressure cooker became out of commission as well.

The rubber is used to seal in the heat but without it, it’s just a like a normal pot with

a cover. I do still use it just to heat up large amounts of water or boil stuff that doesn’t need pressure cooking. But I rarely use it otherwise.

I still like the material because it is obviously strong and doesn’t get tarnished but I am very disappointed with the rubber incident.

Donnie Wrong says :

I bought a ashley pressure cooker it works very well best pressure cooker i ever had, what i would like to know is if they are replacement parts like the rubber and the wissle? if so i would like to know how to get these two items to make my pressure working again, thank you. Donnie.

Galega says :

The replacement is available on Ashley store room. Visit and ask for the same. I would rather suggest to get a better rubber seal as there are problems with the rubber seal of Ashley Pressure cooker. You can find many people complaining about rubber and praising the quality of this pressure cooker in the same breath.

penny ketron says :

I have been trying to find an Ashley Pressure Cooker for awhile now. Can you tell me where to find one or who is a supplier for these cookers? Thank You, Penny Ketron, Kingsport, TN

CARLOS says :

I HAVE A ASHLEY PRESSURE COOKER. IT IS REALY GOOD BUT WHEN THE GASKET GET OLD AND MALFUNTIONAL, YOU CAN USE THE CONTAINER TO RIDE ORNAMENTAL PLANT. THERE IS NO PLACE TO REPLACE AND BUY A NEW GASKET.

Galega says :

If one starts to throw cooker just because of malfunctioning gasket, then that will be sheer waste of money. You don’t need to do so, actually.

You can buy gasket at any local store. In fact, third party gasket can be far much better than that of provided by Ashley Pressure Cooker. It is NOT mandatory to use the gasket manufactured by the same company.

Daniel Jones says :

re : Unfortunately I couldn’t get a replacement rubber or find one anywhere and now this pressure cooker became out of commission as well
    I neen a Jiggler for the Ashley pressure cooker were can i fin one.

Galega says :

It is not easy to find items of Ashley Pressure Cooker at a third party store. You can find them only at an authorized seller of Ashley Pressure Cooker. I would rather suggest you to use a good quality third party jiggler. In any case, Ashly Cooker Jiggler is not as such of a good quality.

Cheryl AnnLima says :

re : I still like the material because it is obviously strong and doesn’t get tarnished but I am very disappointed with the rubber incident
    Very could brand but I cannot locate the rubber No. Y-22 in Trinidad and Tobago

RLW says :

We have the same problem as the author with the Ashley Pressure Cooker it worked fine until the rubber seal around the lip gave way and it now no longer holds the pressure and now is just like a regular pot with a lid as a result. Need to know where to find replacement rubber seal part no. Y-24 if you know where we can buy this replacement it would be very helpful. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. RLW

Galega says :

You don’t need to find the exact replacement. Visit the shop and ask for a rubber seal of the pressure cooker by quoting the capacity of the cooker. Invest little bit of money and you will find a better rubber seal than that of supplied with Ashley Pressure Cooker.

julio says :

the gasket has a small mark that looks like the tip of an arrow that tip needs to face up other wise it will not build pressure theres a small shop in miami la tijera ( the scissior) 3052654614 the man who owns it can fix and has parts for just about any cooker i dont think he speaks much english the distributor is raker enterprises 3705 nw115ave unit 4 miami fl 33178 good luck

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531207400520331/k2311a0712/7.12.08