Dachau Germany  » Travel  »
Germany
  • This was a very sobering experience for me

• by angie

The summer after my senior year in high school, I had the chance to travel to Germany and visit Dachau, Germany. This was a very sobering experience for me.

No one can truly see what a concentration camp was like until they visit one for themselves.

Sure Schindlers List did a great

job at portraying the camps, but once you set foot in one, your whole view changes.

It is like you can feel the souls of the poor people that suffered there, hear them crying out.

You can not help but to cry for them.

My heart was immediately saddend upon entering the ...

• camp.

I went in all jolly and full of energy and came out sad and heartbroken.

Everywhere I walked I was thinking, I wonder what all happened here.

What tragedy took place in this spot?

Dachau was the first Nazi concentration camp opened in southern Germany.

It was opened in March 1933, and housed over 200,000 prisoners.

Today there is a memorial site set up at Dachau.

There are four chapels barracks open for the public to view.

One of my favorite things was the memorial plaque that states “Never Again” in several languages.

I really thought this was neat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381207399730131/k2311a0712/7.12.08