Mobile Phone Nokia 6600  » Phones  »
  • It is equipped with the best technologies available for mobile phones
  • Nokia 6600 has pretty cool ring tones, but actually it's not a problem to download many more new ones and set a different tone for each person on your contact list (if you would like to know who is calling without looking at the phone)

• I have this phone since March 2005. And never was sorry that I had bought it. At first it did look huge; later on I understood that it was one of the phone’s greatest advantages. The phone has a big display and, as I mentioned, is of a bigger size than any average phone.

It is equipped with the best technologies available for mobile phones: camera, blue tooth, additional memory (32 Mb mmc). The memory was not actually enough for all the mp3s and games I downloaded, so I had to buy a 256 Mb card. The inconvenience here is as follows: when I

have to change a card (I have a few of them) first I have to switch the phone off, remove battery.

It’s quite annoying. Three features: big display, blue tooth and memory card, made it possible for me to install a navigation system on my phone (I had to buy additionally a GPS receiver). Whenever I have to get somewhere, I just use my phone to identify the best rout and then follow the instructions.

It saves me money and time, and it is way cheaper than buying a standard navigation system. Although Nokia 6600 has different types of messaging (sms, mms, e-mail), I ...

• use only standard sms function. Joystick makes it easy to navigate in my address book.

But for playing games it can be a little too slow and not very sensitive. Nokia 6600 has pretty cool ring tones, but actually it’s not a problem to download many more new ones and set a different tone for each person on your contact list (if you would like to know who is calling without looking at the phone). Voice command is another great thing about this phone - I use it for dialing numbers and even have recorded my voice to open some of the applications.

So

far it did not fail me. I do not use Nokia’s camera feature to make printable pictures. It has one of the best built-in cameras, but it still can not make quality pictures.

The phone’s loudspeaker is very handy for hands free speaking. The quality of sound is good, unless I am not in my car in a heavy traffic. But it is still possible to hear each other.

The battery doesn’t last long, so I always have a charger with me. In the end I want to say that it is a great phone and after upgrading it with some applications I can’t imaging a better tool.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 37100339970131/k2311a0310/3.10.06