Cricket Wireless Service  » Cellular services  »
1.0
  • You are not required to sign a contract by the unlimited services mentioned above will cost you $40.00 a month for your subscription to Cricket Wireless
  • If this sounds good to you then I suggest you think about because although you are not required to sign a contract and yes, you do get your first month of service free but believe me, you would not want to sign a contract for this service even at this low price
  • While he was in Texas I had almost no problem getting a hold of him and this is when he enjoyed his trial period free of charge
  • Well, he was pretty much able to use his phone normally and did enjoy the $40.00 bill but the problem came when he had to go back home and along with him went the new phone he had just purchased
  • He was disappointed because he got the phone for the unlimited calling and he had friends that he needed to catch up with and yet he was unable to since his phone could not get a signal

• by rich

Cricket Wireless is a new phone company that claims to do cellular services the right way with an innovate idea. They are not a prepaid service, but they have no contracts and they charge a very low monthly fee for unlimited calling and texting service. You are not required to sign a contract by the unlimited services mentioned above will cost you $40 a month for your subscription to Cricket Wireless.

If this sounds good to you then I suggest you think about because although you are not required to sign a contract and yes, you do get your first month of service free but believe me, you would not want to sign a contract for this service even at this low price. One of my friends recently came down to Texas to visit me while I was on vacation and he had heard about the deal on the radio and decided to

sign up since he felt it was better than anything he had ever been offered and he felt that this was a little company being held down by carriers like Sprint and Verizon.

Well, he soon found out that the only thing this service was being held down by was their lack of satellites which means an actual lack of service. While he was in Texas I had almost no problem getting a hold of him and this is when he enjoyed his trial period free of charge.

We did have a few reception problems and quite a few dropped calls but I have also experienced them with major carriers so I figured it was a normal thing. Well, he was pretty much able to use his phone normally and did enjoy the $40 bill but the problem came when he had to go back home and along with him went the ...

• new phone he had just purchased.

I tried to call him to make sure his trip had gone well and all I heard was a weird beeping sound every time I tried to call him. Eventually when I would call it would go directly to the voice mail and so I had decided to call his brother and get a hold of him.

Well, he told me that he never got any of my calls and that when he got back to New York he was not able to use his phone. He was disappointed because he got the phone for the unlimited calling and he had friends that he needed to catch up with and yet he was unable to since his phone could not get a signal.

Well, I called Cricket for him and they told me that they do not offer service on the east coast and that this matter

was a misunderstanding. I told them that he lived in New York and they said he would not be able to get service there for some time, this was six months ago and they still have no service in New York.

It is true that they do not have contracts so he is not obligated to stay with their service but he felt very let down since he felt he had found a new and better provider in them. Also, he is out the cost of the phone which he has now had deactivated since it will apparently not work unless he moves to the south and decides to stay here.

I also found out that coverage is even very limited within Texas and that was something he was never told. I suggest you avoid this company, while they do seem good you will find their coverage to be very limited in the United States.

Cricket Wireless Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221207399051231/k2311a0712/7.12.08