Cold Fusion hosting from BMC Hosting  » Web Hosting  »
1.5
  • At $20.00 per month, BMC isn't exactly a cheap web hoster there's tons out there that cost as little as $50.00 for the year
  • I highly recommend that you do not do business with BMC unless you (a) Don't plan on having any complaints or concerns regarding your site or their hosting
  • I found out they pulled the plug when I tried to access my site and found a blank space on the Internet

• by HonestyPays

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I subscribed to Cold Fusion / BMC Hosting on April 15 of 2008. Literally the only reason why I selected BMC was due to the free Blog this included the development of said Blog and the “free” hosting of said Blog. Their sample Blog looked awesome!

At $20.00 per month, BMC isn’t exactly a cheap web hoster there’s tons out there that cost as little as $50.00 for the year! I’m now with Start Logic who charges $54.00 for the year and have great discounts and membership reduction fees.

But this is about BMC and what happened between April 15 and May 7, 2008.

First, let me explain that I am absolutely not technical. At all. I was using free templates for my site, and had a lot of support from a tech

guy. Going live to me was like giving birth to triplets I didn’t know what to expect; every day life rules were awry; and I knew I was going to be spending a lot of money!

So when my tech guy finally FTP’d my site (FTP means File Transfer Protocol by the way the process which enables the templates you’ve been working on to suddenly have a live Internet presence), I was ecstatic!

The only piece missing from my baby was the Blog.

I emailed and emailed and emailed BMC about my free Blog. BMC kept sending me useless links to this “Blog” none of them worked. Finally (after nearly three weeks of struggling with BMC to get my Blog link) BMC sent me the correct link.

I remember staring at the Blog with an open ...

• mouth. It looked absolutely nothing like their sample Blog had no interactivity available and one needed to be a seasoned programmer to make any Blog entries. I was furious. This Blog did not look like and was not interactive like their sample Blog at all! Again let me reiterate I was spending $20.00 per month because of this “awesome” Blog that turned out to be a piece of crap.

I told BMC that I did finally receive the Blog link, but that it looked nothing like the sample, and that it looked like crap!

Literally the next day BMC discontinued hosting my site. No warning, no “Gee, how can we make this better?” no nothing. They simply pulled the plug and any emails I had with them (which was

27) or any marketing I’d started doing on my live site was pulled with NO WARNING whatsoever!

I highly recommend that you do not do business with BMC unless you (a) Don’t plan on having any complaints or concerns regarding your site or their hosting; (b) You and all of your site visitor have high technical ability to utilize their services and/or (c) You are willing to have your business pulled from the Internet with no notification.

I found out they pulled the plug when I tried to access my site and found a blank space on the Internet. 100% of this true and horrendously accurate, and I hope this review of BMC helps others make informed decisions when selecting a hosting site for their new web pages.

Greg Eslick says :

We do not even have a 20 month package, there are some grossly untrue facts in this review and it should be renewed. BMChosting.com never had this person as a customer. Sincerely, Greg - Tech Ops

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 151107398861031/k2311a0711/7.11.08