Euro City Lotto Scam  » Scam  »
0.5

• by Daisy2000

I recieved a letter a week ago with a Spanish stamp on it, my name and address were in a rather old-fashioned looking font, and an unconvincing ‘official logo’ had been stamped across the top of the envelope. It had an amateurish look about it and I assumed it was junk-mail. I usually open junk-mail, just to make sure, and when I opened this letter I discovered that I’d been selected to be a winner “in the 3rd category” of

the Euro City Lotto, and I was a Euro-millionaire!

As I never play any lottery, let alone one in another country, it was obvious that this was a scam. I read on. Apparently I had won around 1.3 million Euros, but as there had been a mix-up with the winners’ names and numbers I was told to keep this a secret until the mix-up was rectified and my claim had gone through. Accompanying this letter, (which had again been written ...

• in an ancient font and was full of spelling mistakes), was the inevitable form, asking for my contact details and my bank account number.

I looked up this company on the internet and it only appeared on websites which warn people about scams. Apparently lots of people are fooled by this, and as they use untraceable contact numbers and email addresses the police have a hard job to track them down. I feel very lucky that I wasn’t fooled by this

as it sounds as if there would be no way of getting back any money that I’d parted with.

Don’t be fooled by this scam or anything like it. If somebody tells you that you’ve won a prize in a competition you didn’t enter then it’s probably to be a scam. They are likely to be after either some kind of upfront payment from you or, in the case of this scam, your bank account details so that they can, presumably, steal your money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 601107398741031/k2311a0711/7.11.08