Crown Digital Combination Safe  » Other  »
  • As someone who needs to keep their money safe and lives in a bad neighborhood, I have had many safes since I like to limit the amount of money that I put into the bank because I figure that banks often have bad calculations and I often lose money that I put in the bank
  • With this being the case, it is best for me to keep my money secure in my house but the problem with this is that my father has broken into three safes that I have had around the house and put notes in them stating that he owes me money and that he needed the money for some reason
  • This is one of the best inventions I have seen in a long time and I recommend it for anyone who has valuables that they wish to keep out of the hands of others
  • I know what it feels like to have a safe broken into but this Crown model will make sure that you will never experience that feeling

• by rich

Crown is a company which specializes in new ways to use available technology to create security for their customers and this digital safe does a great job of doing just that. As someone who needs to keep their money safe and lives in a bad neighborhood, I have had many safes since I like to limit the amount of money that I put into the bank because I figure that banks often have bad calculations and I often lose money that I put in the bank. With this being the case, it is best for me to keep my money secure in my house but the problem with this is that my father has broken into three safes that I have had around the house and put notes in them stating that he owes

me money and that he needed the money for some reason.

Of course, he never paid me back and I am out of the money. Well, when I stayed at the local Holiday Inn, I first used this safe and I loved it.

The safe allows you to submit your own code that nobody else has any access to at any point. The safe starts at the open position and you close the safe and enter your customer four digit code and press lock and at that point the safe locks for good.

There is no way for any user to retrieve the code if they do not know it. The code can be reset when it is open and a new one could be entered.

This means that you could enter a custom ...

• code every week if you were so inclined, this would help to keep your stuff safe from intruders and in my case my father. The safe says that it withstands two thousand pounds of pressure and fire which means that even if your dwelling were to burn down your items would be safe.

This is a safe of the highest quality, this was put to test when my father tried to enter the safe that I had used to hold my money which amounted to a few thousand dollars which I had been saving for rent and my birth certificate, passport and other important travel documents. He was staying in the room and tried for about an hour to get access to the safe but he was unable to since only I knew

the code because I had made it up.

As I mentioned above, that creates a great sense of security and when you open the door to the safe you can choose another combination at any time so you can ensure that your valuables will always stay safe. This is one of the best inventions I have seen in a long time and I recommend it for anyone who has valuables that they wish to keep out of the hands of others.

This safe has personally been tested by my experienced (described above) with my father and I can tell you with 100% certainty that this item does protect you from intrusion. I know what it feels like to have a safe broken into but this Crown model will make sure that you will never experience that feeling.

fuzzy says :

i accicedently put my wrong code in how do i open it back up

Jules Li says :

If it’s locked and not accepting the code, you will need an override code. You can get it back contacting teh manufacturer.

Galega says :

If you still have right code in your possession, then try that.

If you have just forgotten code, then you will need to contact the manufacturer. They will share an overriding code and the way you can change the combination as per your wishes. They will also ascertain your authenticity. It may be problematic if you have lost the bill.

John Ulrich says :

My Crown OMD -1 digital safe will not open with the emergency passcode of the CEU. I have no hard key for it to manually open. How do I get it open?

rich says :

You will need to use the reprogram code that comes in the manual. This specific one does not operate on batteries because it is professional. You should never use a safe that operates on batteries. If this was helpful to you then please indicate so in the tab that says your opinion .

Galega says :

The first thing you can do in situation like this is to use the reprogram code that is available in the manual. It works in the majority of cases.

If it is still not working, then you are required to contact the manufacturer. Don’t worry, they will help you after properly ascertaining your identity. They will send you an override code which you can use to get rid of this problem.

Joop koopman says :

We have lost the code of the safe
    Can you help me when I wll sent you the number of the safe

Galega says :

If you have lost the code, the best you can do is to contact the company. There is reprogram code which you can see in the manual, but I think that will be of no use in your case.

kathy says :

How do you replace the batteries in a crown digital safe..

Galega says :

If the lock s battery is dead, the combination will not be affected. When possible, replace the lock battery with the door open. Try the combination several times before closing the door.

cherry brown says :

i have a crown safe that is only battery operated. how do i open it when the batteries are completely dead? it has these letters and numbers on it
    ex 2005073928
    it has no way to plug it up or a key to open it.it does have a place it looks like a phone line but nothing else. could someone please help me. my cell number is.256-267-4400
    thanks cherry brown

Galega says :

In that case, you should try to open the safe using key. Use the keyhole provided for that purpose. If you don’t have the key, you need to call locksmith or directly contact the company.

If you find a way to open the safe to change the battery on the Internet then rest assured that your safe is not really SAFE.

lydia hofmann says :

I was reading cherry brown’s problem. That’s my problem. I have the crown safe and the battery went dead. I can not put the pass codes in to open it. It does have a phone plug under the front and just 24″ or less a phone jack on the wall. I need to open the safe so please help me. my cell 717-393-9932 Thank you.

Lydia

Galega says :

You can use the phone plug. There are other ways to handle the case which you can find in the manual. This is really a tricky situation which demands proper attention of the customer.

However, the best way is to contact the manufacturer. After using proper identification, they will send you an override code which can be used to open the safe and then change the battery. Please don’t take help of locksmiths in situation like this.

SLuke says :

how do you contack the manufacturer the number above is not a good number? or how do you locate the default code i keep getting error

Galega says :

The reprogram code is given on the manual. You can take help of instructions provided there to open the safe.

Philip Booth says :

We cannot get our safe open with our usual combination. An error code of 6A-81 keeps flashing. Can you help us?

Jules Li says :

Philip, you will have to use the key since the combination is not working. For additional security the key hole is covered. It should be located on the handle or the control panel. After removing the cover, you should see the key hole.

Galega says :

It seems you have forgotten the combination keys. That is the reason why you are not able to open the safe with your usual combination. Now, you have two options. First, you can see the manual to find override key or reprogram key. You must have been told that safely while buying the safe. Use that key to open the safe. Otherwise, you may need to consult the manufacturer for getting another override key.

donna says :

we had crown digital safe in our hotel rooms,we can`t find who to call for service.did anybody know where to call?

John says :

Donna, Crown is the manufacturer of the safe. Their contact number is (800) 683-7144

SLuke says :

this is not a number for the Crown Safe

Mike says :

we also have the Crown Digital Safes in our hotel rooms. We can not access them and continue to get the error P message. Also, does anyone know where to get a replacement CEU pad to do manual over rides to the doors? Please advise. Thanks.

Galega says :

I would suggest you to not get a local service engineer for replacement of CEU pad. That can compromise with the security of your safe. You should rather call the customer care of crown and ask them to replace the CEU pad.

Christine Lok says :

Dear all,
    Please be informed that i have a crown safe ,When the battery runs out then enter the password still unable to opened,can you assist to opened it?

Galega says :

Try to open it through keyhole. If not, consult a Locksmith or call the company for help. That will be the only way to open the Safe.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121007398290931/k2311a0710/7.10.08