Walmart Hair Salon Beaver Dam  » Business  »
0.5
Beaver Dam, WI
  • While there, it started to pour outside and I really didn't feel like getting soaked so I decided to give Wal-mart's hair salon a try

• by Steve

I personally don’t like salons. I only go when I have to and, to be honest, I really don’t like spending $13 to have someone spend five minutes giving me a buzz cut with a pair of clippers. If I wasn’t too lazy to clean up the mess, I would just do it myself.

The other day, I went out to get my hair cut for the first time in about three or four months. My usual place wasn’t open yet so I went over to Wal-mart to kill a half hour.

While there, it started to pour outside and I really didn’t feel like getting soaked so

I decided to give Wal-mart’s hair salon a try. I’m really not sure how good their stylists are at cutting hair simply because I never gave them a chance.

I walked into the salon right as it opened and there was already two people in front of me in line; not unusual on a Sunday. The woman working behind the desk was getting upset with the computer because it wouldn’t let her punch in so, after a while, she said “I give up” and took the first customer over to a chair.

This left me and another guy standing in front there and we were pretty much ignored ...

• for about 5 minutes or so even though the woman that had been up front looked over at us. Finally, she walked over to us and angrily told us we needed to sign in on the board if we wanted our hair cut.

This wouldn’t have been a big deal except for the way she said it. It was my first time in there and I’m assuming the same for the other gentleman since he didn’t sign in either.

And, even though the board was on the desk, it was laying so I was looking at it upside down so, since there were no signs indicating I had

to put my name on it, I had assumed it was like every other place in town and somebody would come up, get our name and then give us an estimate on how long we would be waiting. At this point, I also realized they only had two stylists working and one of them was doing some sort of complex procedure that looked like it would take a while.

The rain had died down a bit outside so I chose not to fill out my name and got a bit wet going to my usual place simply because I knew I would get treated better. That’s one service I won’t be getting from Walmart any time soon.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411007398150931/k2311a0710/7.10.08