The Danubius Hotel Regents Park London  » Hotels  »
Regents Park, St John’s Wood, London
  • I believe it's almost complete though and certainly the reception area, bar and restaurant all looked stunning
  • I'd recommend the Hungarian Veal Goulash, the meat is tender and the Hungarian dumplings very interesting
  • That said, we were very happy with our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay in that area

• by sampriestley

I have just spent a weekend at The Danubius Hotel in Regent’s Park, London with my husband. We chose this hotel for our stay because we wanted to be near Regent’s Park to attend the theatre, and the hotel has its own car park which is rare in London. We arrived Saturday lunchtime and, having tickets to a play that was set to start, explained that we needed to leave the car there and head off. The staff were very accommodating and helped us with anything we needed.

When we returned and checked

in we were very pleased with our room. We were on the second floor and our room was one of the newly refurbished ones so it was clean and very nicely decorated, if a little small. Guests do need to be aware that at the moment the refurbishments continue in the hotel and those in rooms on the top floors may not be so lucky if they stay in one of the rooms yet to be finished. I believe it’s almost complete though and certainly the reception area, bar and restaurant all looked ...

• stunning.

Our evening meal was superb, and the bar has a lot of atmosphere with cheerful, polite and helpful staff everywhere we turned. One point of interest is that the hotel is run by a Hungarian company and the menu in the restaurant features some unusual Hungarian dishes. Even our waiter was Hungarian and bent over backwards to offer advice on the menu and even brought us each a glass of Hungarian wine which didn’t appear obvious on the wine list.

I’d recommend the Hungarian Veal Goulash, the meat is tender and the Hungarian dumplings

very interesting!

Our stay in The Danubius Hotel was a really enjoyable one. The only niggle I have is that it wasn’t explained to us when we booked that we would be charged an extra £20 to leave our car in the car park overnight. That said, we were very happy with our stay and would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay in that area. It isn’t central London, but Regent’s park is across the road and for those planning to visit the theatre there like we did, this hotel is perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21007397970831/k2311a0710/7.10.08