Renaissance Riverview Plaza Hotel Mobile AL  » Hotels  »
64 south water street mobile alabama
  • It is a very nice hotel featuring swimming pool, spa, restaurant, and lounge so let me tell you about my experience
  • I was disappointed that they didn't have at least a business center where you could check or write an email
  • On a good note though, checking out was very convenient and only took a phone call
  • All in all I think the stay was a fair value for $176 but lacked the convenience of internet and free parking

• by Dan W

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Riverview Plaza Hotel on 64 South Water street on June 21st. It is a very nice hotel featuring swimming pool, spa, restaurant, and lounge so let me tell you about my experience.

First off, the hotel has a gorgeous view of Mobile bay on the south side and the city from the north. The elevators facing north are glass enclosed which may be a little frightening for those who are afraid of heights. Don’t worry though, the floor is not

glass so it’s not that terrifying. Having been recently remodeled, the rooms are very nice with a luxurious bed and sofa and local artwork decorating the walls. The bathroom features granite counter tops and soft lighting.

The only downside to this hotel is that because it is a luxury hotel everything costs money including the Internet. I was disappointed that they didn’t have at least a business center where you could check or write an email. To pay 10 dollars for this is not worth ...

• it, I mean c’mon, the Comfort Inn offers free Internet. Anyways, as I was saying the hotel is expensive and you will see this when you go to look at the menu at the restaurant called The Harbor Room. The Harbor Room looked to be an excellent place but we did not eat there due to the prices. $35 for steak just wasn’t sitting right with me so we went to the bar (Veets) across the street. The lounge also looked very nice but we skipped
        it as well.

A few other things to note, the gift shop looked like it had less to offer than a gas station and there was no free parking anywhere around. Valet costs $16.

On a good note though, checking out was very convenient and only took a phone call. The matre’d was very pleasant to talk to when I approached him about driving to the Florida coast. All in all I think the stay was a fair value for $176 but lacked the convenience of internet and free parking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21007397850831/k2311a0710/7.10.08