Renaissance Hotel Reading UK  » Hotels  »
Oxford Road, Reading, United Kingdom
  • What is strange however, is that even though the hotel is not at all what I'd call remotely the best, it is so central to everything that Reading has to offer, that it truely does not make sense to stay anywhere else and I actually started to love staying there because I was able to walk out of the hotel and walk to any location I wanted to especially in the nearby Oracle district of shopping and restaurants
  • It is amazing how a not so wonderful hotel, can be liked for simple reasons

• by Milanya

This is a very old, maybe the word should be ancient, hotel in the heart of the UK town of Reading. Reading is actually a small town and relatively close to the business centre of Thames Valley Park where many large businesses such as Microsoft are located. Needless to say business travellers tend to stay in Reading in order to commute.

I stayed at the Renaissance

hotel many times for business travel and the rate is astronomical for a 4 star hotel which would easily be rated a 3 star hotel in the US. The hotel is old and dingy. The staff doesn’t seem to speak english very well either so customer service even though very willing, isn’t quite good.

What is strange however, is that even though the hotel is not ...

• at all what I’d call remotely the best, it is so central to everything that Reading has to offer, that it truely does not make sense to stay anywhere else and I actually started to love staying there because I was able to walk out of the hotel and walk to any location I wanted to especially in the nearby Oracle district of shopping and restaurants. It is
        amazing how a not so wonderful hotel, can be liked for simple reasons. I started to like my old but cozy and clean room, my free copy of the UK Sun that I received every morning, and my free breakfast at the hotel’s restaurant in the morning. However, most of all, I appreciated the walks I was able to have around reading from the central Renaissance Hotel.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21007397770831/k2311a0710/7.10.08