WANTED movie  » Movies  »
2.5
  • As an educator, I dislike the excessive use of expletives in the show and the portrayal of it as a joke and a statement
  • Given a choice, I would rather not see the show and I will not recommend this show to anyone below the age of 16

• by auden

Wanted is an action film that is based on a comic book miniseries by Mark Millar. The film is directed by Timur Bekmambetov and features two of my favorite stars Morgan Freeman and Angelina Jolie.

Spoiler ahead, beware.

It is an action packed film about a guy(Wesley Allan Gibson) who transforms from an accounts manager into an

assassin for The Fraternity, a thousand year old secret society of assassins. Wesley was picked up by The Fraternity chief played by Morgan Freeman because Wesley had a rare skill that allows his heartbeat to beat at an abnormally high speed, causing extremely fast reflex. The task given to Wesley was to kill his father’s killer ...

• who turned out to be his real father.

This show is fast motioned with nice fighting and car chase scenes. I liked the twist of plot but the amount of expletives used in the show was overdone and jarring to my ears. As an educator, I dislike the excessive use of expletives in the show and

the portrayal of it as a joke and a statement. Given a choice, I would rather not see the show and I will not recommend this show to anyone below the age of 16.

For the plot and action I would rate this show as an 8 but due to the language I’ve given it a 5.

WANTED movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111007397680831/k2311a0710/7.10.08