Prom Night movie  » Movies  »
0.5
  • Prom Night was recently released out here in the United Kingdom and I decided to go and see it with a friend at my local Showcase Cinema in Walsall
  • The experience with friends, the laughs and the jokes and then of course the experience of the movie in general
  • In general, I enjoyed the hour 30 wait leading up to the movie much more than I enjoyed the hour 30 that seemed like a lifetime once watching the movie
  • What grieves me the most is that the movie cost 6 pound 50 of hard earned pound sterling to enter to see it
  • Save your cash folks, AVOID this travesty at ALL costs

• by Wayne Wilkins

Prom Night was recently released out here in the United Kingdom and I decided to go and see it with a friend at my local Showcase Cinema in Walsall. I always enjoy a good cinema experience. The experience with friends, the laughs and the jokes and then of course the experience of the movie in general. The atmosphere, the loudness, the huge screen, the suspense, just so many aspects of going to see a movie that appeal to me. However, Prom Night willingly robbed, killed and destroyed every good experience about a good time at the cinema imaginable. Why did it

do this you may be wondering? In general, the film itself was TERRIBLE and obnoxious. Obvious plot lines, unexplained occurrences that nobody in the cinema understood, it makes me wonder if even the writers, actors and actresses understood it themselves.

How did a film with so much hype and possibilities from a low budget 1980’s remake fail to impress? The only eyebrows raised in the cinema were those saying what the hell was that all about? The film in its entirely was a disgrace, it kills me to even write about the experience. In general, I enjoyed the hour 30 wait leading up to the movie much more than I enjoyed the hour 30 that seemed like a lifetime once watching the movie. It was simply a TERRIBLE experience, I can not think of any other ways to describe it.

The acting was way below par of a success from both the villains and the heroes, they lacked personality, talent and anything, and they should not be allowed back on the set of a movie. The main villain, whose name isn’t even mentioned in the movie, also has no personality and commits predictable acts. He is nothing more than a glorified stalker,

• Prom Night movie
      in fact, I would put money on that they picked a legitimate stalker off the streets and stuck him on the set of a movie, he had NO talent what so ever.

What grieves me the most is that the movie cost 6 pound 50 of hard earned pound sterling to enter to see it. I would never pay to see this movie again, and if I could turn back time and change it, I would certainly settle to go see another movie. This one was an absolute disgrace to Hollywood, to acting, the HUMANITY.

If this ever gets a DVD release I

will cringe, an utter disgrace of a movie. Would I advise you to see it? No, no chance in hell. I would advise you to protest against any cinemas screening it perhaps, but even then, giving it your thought or attention is a complete waste of time and effort. Sit at home, save your money and twiddle your thumbs. This will give you more fun and thrills than seeing Prom Night, in fact, it is probably more scary than the movie also, which was billed as a suspense / horror / thriller.

Save your cash folks, AVOID this travesty at ALL costs!

Prom Night movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11907397540831/k2311a079/7.9.08