Museum of Tropical Queensland Townsville Queensland Australia  » Travel  »
Flinders Street, Townsville Queensland Australia
  • We started to enjoy that amazing realistic rainforest gallery which showed the rainforest environment of tropical Queensland
  • I think, most science stuff are there and it was really enjoyable
  • I really had an unforgettable experience there with my sister

• by eden_shii

On 16 October 2007, my sister and I also went to Museum of Tropical Queensland in Townsville Queensland. We were charged $8.00 for an entrance fee. The ground floor is where we pay the entrance charge and at the same time, since there was a gift shop there, I was able to buy a AA battery for my digital camera so that we can still take photos.

After a while we went to the upper floors and started to enjoy everything there. We started to enjoy that amazing realistic rainforest gallery which showed the rainforest environment of tropical Queensland.

It really seemed rail and there was like a huge rainforest tree. There were information there about the place. I really enjoy the wonder of that awesome flora and fauna. I really learned a lot there including the proper way to take care of natural resources.

Then, I started taking photos of that life-size replica of pandora. There was this ship-like structure there which we really like. I also tried that MindZone between Ground one and two. There were skill testers there which are really challenging. I think, most science stuff are there and it was really enjoyable.

• There was a wax replica of the captain of the ship writing in his diary. It was a bit real and so I took a photo beside him.

We went to that Pandora Gallery. With the information provided, I realized that Pandora is not a myth. But this is not about Pandora’s clock which brings back youth. I have learned that it was about the bad fate of those crew and prisoners when their ship sank. I saw that replica of these people and it was really fearsome. There was a background sound of these people shouting and seeking

help. I have took photos in most corners of these place.

After a few hours of travel, we went to Rock Rangers Space Lab. There was an illustration of a real cutting-edge science. And everything was so real too.

I really had an unforgettable experience there with my sister. There we learn a lot and get to get first-hand information. There was also a gallery there about history of people who went to Townsville and how it became a multi-cultural place. I can conclude that the entrance fee is worth it. I am even willing to pay more just to experience everything again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38907397230731/k2311a079/7.9.08