Knock Knock Movie
  • Unfortunately I can't handle all of those things at one time in the same movie, which is what I ended up with here
  • I found the movie on the new release shelf at Hollywood Video, but I have a really hard time believing that this is actually a new release
  • I think it was probably held for too long by some defunct production company and then shoved on the shelves recently
  • If you haven't had the chance to see Knock Knock for yourself, I'm happy for you and I would suggest that you be glad too and skip this one on the movie shelf

• by Jenn Eblin

If you’re thinking of a way to waste an hour and a half of your life, give the movie Knock Knock a try. This movie is a complete waste of time and I don’t know how I ever sat through the whole movie. If you’ve read any of my older reviews then you know that I watch a lot of horror movies. My friends could tell you that I own and have seen thousands more than I’ve done a review for. That means that I’ve seen more than my fair share of bad horror movies, but this one really takes the cake.

Knock Knock is so bad that I honestly can’t remember the name of a single person who was in the movie or the name of any of the characters and I just watched it last night. I’m even having problems thinking of the movie’s plot. The movie starts out with a bunch of teenagers or early college students who just want to have fun, so of course they end up murdered. Then there’s an old former police officer who knows what’s going on, but no one will believe him and a young female detective who just wants to prove herself as a real cop. Plus the one suspect they do have is a man who still lives with his

mom and is apparently mentally retarded. The whole fact that he’s a suspect is completely ridiculous to me. He was seen by some teenagers before an unrelated kid is murdered. That absolutely does not make any sense at all to me.

This movie is so bad that I can’t believe I even wasted my time watching it. I can handle a movie if it has a bad plot, bad acting, bad characters, a bad ending, or even bad lighting and sets. Unfortunately I can’t handle all of those things at one time in the same movie, which is what I ended up with here.

I found the movie on the new release shelf at Hollywood Video, but I have a really hard time believing that this is actually a new release. Everything about this movie looks like it was made during the mid to late 1990’s, from the plot to the actors. I think it was probably held for too long by some defunct production company and then shoved on the shelves recently. That is really the only way this could have been released.

The acting in this movie is so bad, especially the women. I didn’t see a single female character or actor in this movie that had any value. The one female detective is happy to unbutton her shirt ...

• and act seductive to nab a bad guy, not because she thinks it’s a good idea, but because one of the men tells her to. Then there’s the woman who strips for no reason at all in front of her sister’s boyfriend and the whiney character who constantly chases her boyfriend around. It’s like they took every female stereotype and threw them into one movie.

If you haven’t had the chance to see Knock Knock for yourself, I’m happy for you and I would suggest that you be glad too and skip this one on the movie shelf.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11907397010731/k2311a079/7.9.08