Jumper Movie
2.5
  • I decided to reserve judgment against the movie Jumper until I had seen it for myself
  • Jackson, he looks exactly the same and I found that incredibly annoying

• by Jenn Eblin

I decided to reserve judgment against the movie Jumper until I had seen it for myself. Some of my friends saw the movie and loved it, while those who had the same taste as me in movies didn’t like it at all. I had a few chances to see the movie in the past, but I kept passing up on it at every chance. There was something about the movie that just didn’t catch my attention or draw me in, which made me hesitant to see the movie. Once the movie was released on DVD though, I decided to finally rent it and give it a shot to see if it was as bad as I thought it would be.

Honestly Jumper isn’t a terrible movie, but it suffers from a lot of different things mainly the acting in the movie. Hayden Christiansan seems to think he’s the greatest thing to hit the acting world based on

interviews he’s given in the past, but this movie clearly shows that he isn’t a very good actor. I’ve seen him show some range and diversity in other movies like Life as a House, but in this movie he has absolutely no range. He actually looks like a fresh actor in his first ever movie instead of someone who’s been in some of the biggest hits in history.

Christiansan wears the exact same impression on his face no matter what the scene is as David. When David sees his mother after a decade, spends time with the woman he loves, or fights with Samuel L. Jackson, he looks exactly the same and I found that incredibly annoying. I also felt pretty bad for Rachel Bilson who played Millie, David’s long lost love. She’s really only there to serve as a distraction to stop him from escaping the bad people and to have some romantic interest for the

lead character, but she’s barely in the movie. Then there’s Diane Lane playing his mother, which I find hard to believe. She still looks really young and too young to have a 23 year old son.

I felt bad for Lane because she’s only in maybe three scenes of the movie. I also felt bad for Samuel L. Jackson because his part in the movie doesn’t really make sense. He plays the lead of an alternative group of people who are out to kill all the jumpers in the world including David. I guess that in the book the author wrote a whole plot about these characters as well as the other jumpers that David ran into on his travels, but those become just one other jumper and a few bad guys.

I didn’t think there was enough explanation on the jumpers to explain why anyone would be chasing them or trying to eliminate them. I felt ...

Jumper Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11907396570631/k2311a079/7.9.08