NASCAR Nationwide Race June 14, 2008-Kentucky Speedway
2.5
  • I love the boy, but I'm tired of the way he thinks he's better than everyone else
  • Personally I think if a driver misses all of that plus the driver's meeting, he should sit out of the race no matter who he is or who he drives for
  • I was fairly disappointed by the end of the race when Joey Lagano won, not because he won but because of how he won

• by Jenn Eblin

I’ve seen a lot of great races over the years and a lot of great races at the Kentucky Speedway, but this race was not one of them and there are two reasons for that. The first reason is because the announcers are completely worthless and the second reason is that I’m tired of having Joey Lagano crammed down my throat every time I turn around. At the same time I also think that the race suffers because there is a definite lack of Cup drivers in the field. Tonight’s race had only a handful of Cup drivers racing: Carl Edwards, David Ragan, David Ruetimann, and Clint Bowyer. Those drivers are all racing full-time in the series though so it makes sense that they’d be on hand. Kyle Busch also arrived for the race, though mainly because he seems to want to race as much as possible.

I have to say that I’m getting a little tired of Kyle Busch’s attitude. I love the boy, but I’m tired of the way he thinks he’s better than everyone else. Today he raced in the Truck race where he had a fight afterwards with Ron Hornaday and Hornaday’s truck owner Kevin Harvick. He

arrived late to the Nationwide race where he had to first stop and help his girlfriend navigate to the track because of her four inch heels that were getting stuck in the mud. He missed qualifying and practice, but still got in the car. Personally I think if a driver misses all of that plus the driver’s meeting, he should sit out of the race no matter who he is or who he drives for.

Busch started in the back while Lagano sat on the pole, but by Lap 50 the two Joe Gibbs cars were side by side. Busch passed him fairly easy and led a large number of laps, which is exciting for any Kyle Busch fan. At one point Lagano got up beside him and took the lead back. I think there were several cars out there that could have caught either one of them by then, but then Busch crashed into the wall and Lagano pretty much had it in the bag. The announcers went to talk with Busch who actually took responsibility for the crash and seemed more like a real racer and man than he has in the past. Then he opened his mouth once ...

• again.

All season long he’s been asked if he’d run a full season and he couldn’t seem to make up his mind. After his crash tonight though he announced that he was “done”. I think it’s pretty childish to stop racing because of a crash or a little bad luck. If Kyle was a real racer he’d keep doing what he’s been doing all season long.

I was fairly disappointed by the end of the race when Joey Lagano won, not because he won but because of how he won. He had only a few Cup drivers in the field and I’d like to see them heap on the praise when he can hold his own against those drivers. Until then, I’ll keep my guard up regarding him.

ParagraphDivider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 35907396540631/k2311a079/7.9.08