Horse Head Pillow from kropserkel.com  » Other  »
2.0
  • I found out about this item kind of by accident
  • But I was disappointed with the final product

• by junebug

I found out about this item kind of by accident. I was looking for something- I’m not sure what now- with a search engine and saw this listed.

I have collected horse-related stuff for as long as I can remember, but now I try to focus on more unusual equine items instead of the common plastic models or other similar things that everybody else has.

And this certainly was unusual, no doubt about that. Advertised as a pillow, it is supposed to resemble a life-sized severed horse’s head that was inspired by the movie, ‘The Godfather’.

This is actually more humorous than gory. In place of

eyes are white X’s, and the hapless horse’s mouth is open with a pink tongue hanging out. The picture on the website looks pretty good. Although obviously not real, it still looks fairly realistic.

Eventually, I decided to get one. It’s available in both stuffed and unstuffed versions. I chose the unstuffed to save a little money, and stuff it myself.

When it arrived, I set to work right away stuffing the thing. It has a small zippered opening at the base of the neck just big enough to get your arm through. This makes it somewhat difficult to push all the stuffing through, but after using ...

• several bags of stuffing material, I managed.

When it was finished, I stepped back and looked at it. It was indeed life-sized. Actually, more than life-sized. But I was disappointed with the final product. Apparently the one pictured on the website was a prototype, because the one I had looked much less real. For example, the fabric over the front of the face and mouth is too wide, making the horse’s head look swelled-up. It looks as though a rattlesnake bit him!

Everything about this, at least the one I got, was disappointing. While the photo shows a plush horse head that actually looks like a horse

head, mine is barely reconizable as such. And it has nothing to do with how I stuffed it, either. I make stuffed animals. I know how to do it.

Everything from its ears, to its nostrils, and even the sparse mane looks, well, not believable. Even the quality of the fabric it’s made from could be better. It’s much too big and fat to use as a real pillow, even though that’s what it’s supposed to be. As a gag gift, or as something to ’send a message’ to someone, it’s OK, I guess. But as a ‘horse collectible’ it belongs at the glue factory.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12807395540231/k2311a078/7.8.08