Fisher Price Vibrating Bouncy Chair  » Baby care  »
  • While I was pregnant on my first child I bought the Fisher Price Vibrating Bouncy Chair with toy bar
  • I found the vibrating of the chair to made my child smile more when she was already happy and calm, but if she was upset, the only thing she wanted was to be held

• by razorblades

If you have an infant, a bouncy chair is an invaluable asset. While I was pregnant on my first child I bought the Fisher Price Vibrating Bouncy Chair with toy bar. It also has a blanket sewn into the lower part of the seat, to allow your child to sleep in

comfort. I bought it for e50.00 in 2007

It claims that the toy bar encourages dexterity in your childs movements and that the vibrating will sooth and calm your child.

The first part of the claim is true. The toys on the toy bar do catch a young infants attention and it does make your child want to reach out and touch them. The second claim however is very ambitious. I found the vibrating of the chair to made my child smile more when she was already happy and calm, but if she was upset, the only thing she wanted was to be held.

While ...

Fisher price vibrating chair says :

Don’t buy it. I mean if you have tried everything and nothing works then maybe give it a go Neither one of my children like the chair. It’s super cute, but that’s it.
It vibrates, but turns off by itself which would wake my kids up without fail.
Also, it doesn’t rock by itself. So thinking you get some free time in is highly unlikely. You’ll have to sit and rock it/bounce it yourself.
Personally youre better off getting a swing. They come in all shapes and sizes. In this hous, the infant swings were a life saver

Clark says :

Our kids all grew too quickly for this chair to work for them they are able to lean out and grab stuff way too easily. If you’re trying to keep them contained this will work for like a month. The vibration is really more of a novelty for them anyway, it doesn’t make them fall asleep.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 54807395360231/k2311a078/7.8.08