Motorola MTS 2000 radio  » Electronics  »
  • I like this radio because it is so durable
  • The Radio came with a hand set, but I don't like to use it
  • I would recommend this product for its durability

• by Rosco

I have a Motorola MTS 2000 Flashport radio. this thing is pretty sweet.

it is the kind of two way radio that is used by police fire and emergency medical personnel.

These radios operated on an eight hundred system and have a very good range.

this radio has 16 programmable channels plus a scan feature that

allows you to listen to multiple channels at once.

I like this radio because it is so durable.

I have dropped mine many times from several feet onto a concrete surface and it has never skipped a beat.

The batteries have a decent life.

I change the batteries out about every 15 hours and I ...

• have never had one die before that and there are some days that I use it quite regularly.

The Radio came with a hand set, but I don’t like to use it.

I just seem to get the wire tangled up all of the time and it is more trouble than it is worth.

the only

down side that I can see to this radio is that it is some what bulky.

this one is some what old so there may be a newer model out now that is more compact, but this one does everything I want it to, and it is seemingly impossible to break.

I would recommend this product for its durability.

mike says :

I am looking for a user manual for a mts2000, iam trying ti build a scan list. Thanks

John says :

You can download the manual online. Click this link:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16707394971031/k2311a077/7.7.08