Wendys  » Restaurants  »
Northern California
  • Unfortunately, a nasty trend began to occur
  • I believe it was at $4.73 for a while before jumping up another few cents
  • I love the service, and I love the food, but no other place around here has had that kind of jump in price

• by Orrymain

I’m a fast food addict. Over the many years of my life, I’ve had many favorites, but sooner or later, the tides turn, and a new favorite is found.

Years ago, I loved the Wendys chain, but then they were bought out here in California. Just a handful of Wendys remained. Then, out of nowhere, they reemerged. There were only two here for a long time, and I had to go out of my way on those occasions when I just had to have one of Dave Thomas’(the creator of the Wendys chain) burgers.

Then there was a boom of Wendys, and they were once again accessible.

Happy days! I rejoiced, and Wendys quickly became my preferred place to heed my fast food fetish.

I had a regular meal — the big bacon classic combo. It was tasty and satisfying. The burger was awesome, cooked well with several slices of yummy bacon, and the fries — yum! No one prepares fries like Wendys anymore, and especially not as consistently.

Unfortunately, a nasty trend began to occur. Every few months, the price went up. My $4 and change meal jumped up ...

• about 25 cents one day; then it rose again. I believe it was at $4.73 for a while before jumping up another few cents. One day I popped in to discover it was now $5.05.

My combo days were over. I started just getting the sandwich and fries, which dropped my total back down to the $4.73 range. A couple of months ago, it increased to $4.93. The writing was on the wall.

Last week, $5.15 for the sandwich and fries. Ridiculous! Crazy even!

I’m about to minimize my order to the value meal 99

cent fries.

All of this has happened in one year. The combo meal has jumped over a dollar. Who can afford to eat out?

I love the service, and I love the food, but no other place around here has had that kind of jump in price.

I understand Wendys has been sold to another company now. I wasn’t thrilled about that when I heard it, but maybe there will be a silver lining — reduced prices. They need it, before they permanently price themselves out of the market.

This would get a 9 rating from me if not for the pricing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 7707394681031/k2311a077/7.7.08