Dan Dooley Car Rentals Dublin Airport  » Car rental  »
0.5
Dan Dooley Car Rentals, Dublin Airport, County Dublin, Ireland
  • We told her our experience upon picking up the car and she said that it was not true, as they don't give the details of scratches to customers (which is a very, very weird approach and the first time we ever heard of it)
  • I would NOT recommend Dan Dooley Car Rentals, as frankly you deserve better

• by razorblades

As a family we have hired many, many cars from Dublin Airport (I am Irish and my husband is Dutch and we live in The Netherlands).

Hiring a car from Dan Dooley Car Rentals, seemed from the outset like a good idea, and it was reasonably priced, the people at the desk and the collection depot were very, very nice. We had no problems with the car. We were told by the

people on the desk, where the scratches on the car were. We inspected the car and confirmed this with them. So that all seemed good.

Upon returning the car, we checked the car before handing in the keys and the exact same scratched were in the exact same place. Nothing extra.

There was a girl not of Irish nationality (I do actually know what her nationality was, but I don’t want to ...

• put a slur on a complete nation). She proceeded to accuse of scratching the car, she wanted to charge our credit card 1000.00euro to cover the damages. We told her our experience upon picking up the car and she said that it was not true, as they don’t give the details of scratches to customers (which is a very, very weird approach and the first time we ever heard of it).
        So basically she accused us of being liars.

I also have to point out at this point we took many, many, many pictures of these scratches. They were clearly old scratches, and my husband is a very capable mechanic and could tell this straight away.

We were never charged any additional charges, only after a continual barage of phone calls and e-mails.

I would NOT recommend Dan Dooley Car Rentals, as frankly you deserve better

M. Gaibl says :

We rented a car from Dan Dooley May 2014 for 6 days we were told that the car had a full tank of diesel and that we had to return the car full or we would be charged 110 euros. We returned the car full as requested but they proceeded to charge us anyway. Now they say they never said that because that is only true for rentals 3 days or less. They sent us a copy of their return policy which does say you only have to return full if renting 3 days. Who would want to forfeit 110 euros. They also rented us a car that only high beams not in legal road condition. So obviously they have untrained employers who don’t know there job which cost me money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3707394550931/k2311a077/7.7.08