Fat Cats Pay Lake  » Travel  »
Grove City, Ohio
  • At this lake, they stock the fish so often that I think it would be almost impossible to NOT catch a fish

• by PhotoShana

My husband has been taking me to pay lakes for the past eight years. Every one we went to ended up the same, sitting around watching a bobber for hours upon hours.

If the bobber goes down, you have a fish.

Big deal.

The bobber rarely ever went down.

All that changed when I started going to a new pay lake with him called Fat Cats Pay Lake.

I actually enjoy fishing for these big cat fish when

I am at Fat Cats.

Although I am still sitting around watching a bobber go down, they actually do! At this lake, they stock the fish so often that I think it would be almost impossible to NOT catch a fish! When I got my first “big” fish I was so excited.

It was only 8 lbs.

Not big by these big fishermens standards.

But the guy working at the lake seemed just as excited as I was ...

• by my first catch! He came over and took a picture of me with my fish and congratulated me! Now some of the other lakes we have been to wouldn’t have given me the time of day! And I don’t have to worry about my kids falling in the lake because the banks are nice and flat.

My whole family always has a great time and the bait shop is filled with junk food to please any child!

And I surely don’t want to leave out the patience they had with me when I was learning how to cast these big cat fish poles!! Boy they would land everywhere! But the crew at the lake would always help me out and give me tips.

I can now cast straight out in front of me without any fear of hooking someones head in the process.

If you enjoy fishing for “Big Cats” then you should really give then a try.

ray sallee says :

need a phone number for fat cats and what there hours are. fished there last year and wont to go back

M says :

614-516-8516.

John Spaniol says :

I was wanting to know what the cost is to fish here and what the hours of operation are?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38307394220631/k2311a073/7.3.08