Cephalexin/Keflex 500mg Antibiotic  » Medicine  »
  • When I take the pills my first problem is I want to gag

• by Cynthus

I really don’t like antibiotics because I have a bad history with many of them. But, overall the side-effects for me with this antibiotic was not too bad. It still makes me gag.

This antibotic has been prescribed to me by my dentist whenever I have any major work done. I take four pills and then wait before

I see him. When I take the pills my first problem is I want to gag.

Cephalexin 500mg Antibiotic is a cephalosporin used to treat bacterial infections in the bone, ear, skin, and urinary tract. It cannot be used for colds, flu, or viruses. It is in a green capsule.

Some of the side-effects of these pills are vomitting,

• diarrhea, nausea, and a mild skin rash. I usually have the nausea for about an hour after taking this drug. In two hours, I am fine. So I don’t really have too many problems taking this antibiotic in a one shot manner.

My husband also took this drug for awhile because he had infections in his jaw. For

the first two days, he had diarrhea. But, it slowed down some by the third day. He did finish his course of the antibiotic.

Overall, I feel that this antibiotic is better for me than penicillian. I try not to take antibiotics often because I usually have severe reactions. My reactions to this antibiotic were mild in comparison.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26207393411231/k2311a072/7.2.08