Orajel Oral Pain Medication
  • I know many people actually apply the gel to the actual tooth but the box warns that you should only apply to the gum line near the tooth because application to the actual tooth can cause dental problems to worsen by on setting the breakdown of enamel
  • My suggestion would be to use this product and see if it helps, if it does help like it helped me then just use it and save your money until you have the money available to take your dental visit
  • I like this product, it works well and it is very easy to use because it only requires you apply around the tooth using your finger

• by rich

Orajel is a product that I had always seen on Television but never tried until I had bad tooth pain about two months ago, I do not have any dental insurance and the price of a dental visit would be too much for me to be able to afford so when tooth pain set in I began to worry, as the days went by the pain got worse and seemed to switch to the other side of my mouth. I first thought it was my imagination but the pain was very bad sometimes so I knew it had to be on my nerve under the tooth and I had decided to wait and see if it went away.

That decision got me nothing but extra pain and since I could not afford the dental visit I went to the supermarket and decided to give this a try.

I know many people actually apply the gel to the actual tooth but the box warns that you should only apply to the gum line near the tooth because application to the actual tooth can cause dental problems to worsen by on setting the breakdown of enamel.

This had actually happened to a family member of mine when she used the product so it is important that you use as directed.

The product comes in a small tube and all you need to do is squeeze a dap out ...

• and apply to the gum line when you feel your mouth giving you signs of trouble.

The gel works instantly, once applied it will numb the area which you applied it to and relieve the pain.

This makes it hard to do things like swallow but the gel wears off after a period of time and you will not feel the pain that you did before applying the gel.

If needed, you can apply the gel every four hours and it should help the pain subside.

Of course, I am still worried about going to the dentist because this is not intended for long term use but this does help the pain to feel less intense.

Especially if

you are struggling and do not have enough money at the moment to be able to take a visit to the dentist.

My suggestion would be to use this product and see if it helps, if it does help like it helped me then just use it and save your money until you have the money available to take your dental visit.

I like this product, it works well and it is very easy to use because it only requires you apply around the tooth using your finger.

It does taste bad and I wish it came with an applicator because you are forced to put your fingers in your mouth but this is still a great product.

Emma Haworth says :

Hi I`m using the pea amount on my gum as directed but the pain relief isn`t lasting even 2 minutes. Is this correct? I just want to make sure because it isn`t helping enough if only allowed to take 4 times a day ? Many thanks in advance for your advice. Emma Haworth

Judy drysdale says :

i am thinking of going with the oregel, my dentist is really rough on my mouth, but don`t use your finger, grab a Qtip.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 26207393091131/k2311a072/7.2.08