Walnut Street Theater Philadelphia  » Theatre  »
Philadelphia, PA
  • The show was fantastic, so if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend seeing it at some point
  • As for the theater,it was slightly smaller than I had expected, but it was a nice experience nonetheless
  • I thought I would have a bad view, but it was clear the whole time

• by Ellen11

I just visited the Walnut Street Theater for the first time today to see Les Miserables. The show was fantastic, so if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend seeing it at some point. As for the theater,it was slightly smaller than I had expected, but it was a nice experience nonetheless.

There was not a bad seat in the place. I saw off

to the left side of the stage.

I thought I would have a bad view, but it was clear the whole time. The air conditioning wasn’t on too high which is a major plus for me, and the seats were comfortable.

It is easy to get to the Walnut Street Theater using SEPTA. I didn’t have to pay for parking and only had to ...

• walk about two blocks from the Market Street east stop to get there.

The bathrooms were clean, and everyone that worked there was friendly. The folks who check tickets were knowledgable about the seating (I had no idea where I was to sit), and the sound system was loud and clear.

The one thing I didn’t like was how outrageous the snack prices were

at intermission. My husband bought two candy items–milk duds and sour patch kids.

Both were incredibly small (no where near movie theater size). They ended up costing $4 each! What a rip off.

If you plan to see a show and think you may get the munchies, do yourself a favor and stop at a Wawa on the way. Your bank account will thank you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 32207392961131/k2311a072/7.2.08