Dutch Wonderland Lancaster PA  » Entertainment  »
Lancaster, PA
  • We went on a week day to avoid the crowds, and we were able to get on and off rides quickly
  • I think a price tag of almost thirty dollars for any child three years of age is too steep
  • Since young children are used to snacks, I don't like that you aren't permitted to take any food into the park

• by Ellen11

If you are looking for something to do with children this summer, think about taking them to Dutch Wonderland. They have several different amusement rides, games, and shows for the little ones to enjoy. I’m not a parent, but I recently went with my two year-old neice and my four year-old nephew.

My neice wasn’t quite tall enough to enjoy most of the rides, but my nephew

was able to enjoy everyone he was interested in trying. Among his favorites were the slide and the leaping frogs.

We went on a week day to avoid the crowds, and we were able to get on and off rides quickly. We spent the afternoon in the new water park which they loved! Bring swimsuits because the kids and you will get wet! A couple things weren’t ...

• so great about the park–the price and the food restriction.

I think a price tag of almost thirty dollars for any child three years of age is too steep. They can’t last a full day in the park that young to get their money’s worth.

I think that the “free” children should be four and under. Since young children are used to snacks, I don’t like that

you aren’t permitted to take any food into the park.

I can understand restricting meals…but a box or raisins or a small bag of pretzels should be allowed. We were searched upon entering and were asked to discard snack items.

That’s a bit overboard. The staff in the park operating the rides are extremely friendly and have been trained to work with children.

A reasonably pleasurable experience overall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59207392951131/k2311a072/7.2.08