Bose Companion 2 Speakers  » Electronics  »
  • I've been using these two standardized speakers for nearly a year, and they're some of the best at the cost (and size) that I've ever used
  • I know a few people who have larger sound systems (huge speakers, subwoofers, surround sound, etc) but with the proper equalizer settings these two little speakers can provide some really deep bass and provide an effect very close to that of a subwoofer

• by Vinayak Ravindran

I’ve been using these two standardized speakers for nearly a year, and they’re some of the best at the cost (and size) that I’ve ever used. I know a few people who have larger sound systems (huge speakers, subwoofers, surround sound, etc) but with the proper equalizer settings these two little speakers can provide some really deep bass and provide an effect very close to that of

a subwoofer.

Subwoofer it ain’t, but it’s still as close as I’ve ever gotten.

And at the low price, it’s really a bargain.

These speakers are really powerful and put out a ton of volume for being as small as they are, which goes to show the level of care, dedication, and persistence to optimization of the company.

The powerful speakers were an excellent purchase in my ...

• book, and I hope that more people will realize the brilliance of Bose in the future.

The brand name is not nearly popular enough, if you ask me - if a company like this has to resort to TV marketing and commercials while most other speaker companies don’t, something is wrong.

Don’t get me wrong, many other brands pull off sound quite well too.

But for Bose,

you won’t find a better bargain for what you’re buying.

Bose speakers come in lower end models (such as this Companion 2 set that I’ve got) but still produce a reasonably high quality sound.

You can blow a lot more money on a Logitech surround sound system, and buy 10 different speakers plus a subwoofer, but Bose’s streamlined design makes for great portability which is totally great for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16207392881131/k2311a072/7.2.08