Trip Advisor  » Travel  »
  • My father is turning 70, and my siblings and I decided to send him to San Francisco, California as his gift
  • The problem is that those planning this trip have never been to San Francisco, and we don't have a ton of time on our hands to plan lodging, activities, meals, etc. since we found a great deal on airfare and he's going in one month
  • We want to avoid travel agents since they tend to steer you towards the more expensive hotels

• by Ellen11

My father is turning 70, and my siblings and I decided to send him to San Francisco, California as his gift. He has never been out west, so we thought it would be the perfect vacation spot for him.

The problem is that those planning this trip have never been to San Francisco, and we don’t have a ton of time

on our hands to plan lodging, activities, meals, etc.

since we found a great deal on airfare and he’s going in one month! We want to avoid travel agents since they tend to steer you towards the more expensive hotels.

Thanks to Trip Advisor, my siblings and I were able to plan his week-long stay in San Francisco in about a ...

• week.

This website has real travelers leaving their honest opinions about their experiences with everything from lodging to transportation.

What better way to get information than from people who have been there! We learned of something called a Go San Francisco Card from Trip Advisor as well as the recommended MUNI pass.

We read about tours that are worth the price

and those that got poor reviews.

We were able to quickly eliminate some attractions while being sure he has tickets to see others.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that Trip Advisor contains public opinions.

Don’t let one bad review steer you away from something.

There will always be that one person out there who can’t ever be pleased or satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38207392841131/k2311a072/7.2.08