Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam  » Travel  »
  • I have been there twice, and I was very impressed with the business and cultural environment of the City

• by Mark Williams

Ho Chi Minh City, formerly called Saigon, is the largest City in Vietnam, and is also an important business hub of the country.

I have been there twice, and I was very impressed with the business and cultural environment of the City. There are many places of interest, historical places, religious temples, museums, markets, Mekong river, and many more.

Here is a website presenting information about the City of Ho Chi Minh.

This is an

excellent website where information about the historical background, geography and climate, places to see, the people living there, and much more is presented.

There are also beautiful photographs of the places in Ho Chi Minh City and how people are living there.

Photographs of the City skyline, Reunification Palace, City Hall, Notre Dame Cathedral, and Markets, are so beautiful.

This is an excellent collection of information and photographs of Ho Chi Minh City.

I am very much ...

• impressed with the immense content of this website, and the value of it to all who wishes to study about the City, and to travelers who are planning to travel to the City for business purposes or for holidays.

There is the name of the city “Hanoi” in the first paragraph under “Geography and Climate”. This is clickable, and by clicking on the name, a new page will come up presenting information about the City of

Hanoi, the Capital City of the country. All information as presented for Ho Chi Minh City is presented there for Hanoi on that page that comes up. That again, I find it very informative and impressive.

Though the information presented is brief, it is an excellent start for all interested in Vietnam.

I wanted to share this website to all travelers, business or holiday, and researchers of Ho Chi Minh City, City of Hanoi, and The country Vietnam.

zjadey says :

One of the memorable city I visited in my last year’s pre birthday trip is Ho Chi Minh City of Vietnam. For someone who are not fun of rice, Saigon is the right place for me and for you. For me, it’s a noodles city - all kinds of recipes that can be made by/with noodles are in here. Street fried noodles with all kinds of mixing were my ultimate favorite for only 10000 dong, way too cheap for a big serving.

Don’t forget to visit Bui Vien or Pham Ngu Lao Street by day or night The backpacker’s area.

Izah says :

re : I have been there twice, and I was very impressed with the business and cultural environment of the City
    It’s amazing how they are trying to modernize without losing their traditional culture. It is indeed a beautiful city buzzing with life, lights and potential.

Julie says :

Way back 2013, my teen kids visited Ho Chi Minh City. We stayed near the backpackers area and visited General Post Office, Notredame Cathedral, Reunification Palace, Opera House , Ho Chi Minh Museum and of course, Ben Thanh Market.
    The city was full of motorcycles, I have never seen so much motorcycles at one time on the road. Young to old folks seem to be using one. The motorists were disciplined and I was so surprised in not seeing a lot of traffic lights unlike other big cities.
    Visits to the places I mentioned above were enjoyable enough, but just be cautious in dealing with some locals who can be cheat at times. For instance, after scouting the Ben Thanh Market, better not take the taxis parked right front because they can bleed you to death with their overcharging.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38207392781131/k2311a072/7.2.08