Matouk’s Tomato Paste
  • I bought a small bottle and have never looked back since
  • Overall, I don't think I'll ever change the current tomato paste I am using, unless someone shows me what they might consider to be a better brand

• by RJR

I had never used tomato paste until I started cooking a few years back and ran across a recipe for pizza which called for tomato paste as an ingredient in the sauce. I went to the grocery store and was faced with a wide selection which comes in bottles and

cans. I saw Matouk’s Tomato Paste on the shelf and decided to try it because I was accustomed to using their ketchup. I bought a small bottle and have never looked back since.

This tomato sauce is perfect for more than just pizza sauce. It is great to use with any ...

• dish that needs tomato sauce since it has no sugar in it like some brands I’ve read the labels of. It is reasonably priced and has the perfect consistency, not too thick and not too thin. The smell of it comes off as slightly tart but when it is baked
        or simply mixed into another dish, the tart taste is never present and neither is the odour.

It stays fresh once refrigerated and doesn’t go bad quickly. Overall, I don’t think I’ll ever change the current tomato paste I am using, unless someone shows me what they might consider to be a better brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27107392581131/k2311a071/7.1.08