Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • I use condensed milk to sweeten up my porridge on mornings and was very accustomed to using a different brand of condensed milk so this may be why I found faults in Eagle Brand's Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • But for everyday use, I would avoid it since it isn't to my liking

• by RJR

I use condensed milk to sweeten up my porridge on mornings and was very accustomed to using a different brand of condensed milk so this may be why I found “faults” in Eagle Brand’s Sweetened Condensed Milk.

I first encountered this brand of condensed milk while on vacation. It’s not that

they didn’t have the brand that I use but I wasn’t familiar with any other brands and I saw this one on the shelves which was just a bit cheaper than the other one.

Okay, so the reason why I won’t use this condensed milk unless I really have to is ...

• because of it’s richness, thickness and overall sweetness. First the milk doesn’t look as glistening as I am used to when I taste it the milky taste isn’t as rich as I usually like. The condensed milk flows freely out of the tin almost like a pancake syrup type of
        flow and I had to use alot more than usual to get the sweetness I usually like.

Overall, I’m not saying I wouldn’t use this condensed milk as I have run across some recipes that call specifically for this brand. But for everyday use, I would avoid it since it isn’t to my liking.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27107392491131/k2311a071/7.1.08