Charles Rum and Raisin Chocolate
  • The raisins were a perfect touch to this chocolate because it would definitely be missing something if it was just pure milk chocolate
  • Even though I do alot of baking and have made chocolate desserts with rum in them, I don't think I would have ever thought of just plain rum and raisin chocolate

• by RJR

I drink alcohol on occasions and I never drink enough to get drunk. But I do like the taste when it is just there in the background as a subtle flavoured blended into a drink or even dessert.

One day while shopping I ran across a new chocolate bar made by Charles Chocolates. Charles chocolates are a local chocolate company here in Trinidad and their products have been around since before I could remember.

I was

intrigued by this Rum and Raisin chocolate but did not buy one right away, simply because they only offered it in those 8oz bars, no smaller. I did go back just to buy one when my curiosity got the better of me.

When I had mt first taste of this chocolate I thought, “Oh, this doesn’t taste like anything special.” But I guess that was my fault as I just broke off a block and ...

• proceeded to chew it in a haste. Besides, the rum taste hit my taste buds as soon as I finished off the block. I had a few more blocks and ate a piece everyday till it eventually finished.

To enjoy this chocolate throughly, you need to actually take a block and let it sit and melt in your mouth slowly. The raisins were a perfect touch to this chocolate because it would definitely be missing

something if it was just pure milk chocolate. The chocolate only contains 1% alcohol in it as well, so it is not enough to get you drunk, even if you eat a whole bar.

Overall, this I find this an innovative and inventive idea. Even though I do alot of baking and have made chocolate desserts with rum in them, I don’t think I would have ever thought of just plain rum and raisin chocolate. Delish!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27107392441131/k2311a071/7.1.08