IKEA desk
  • One of the thing that makes me like it is because I assembled it myself, and I believe people tend to like something that they make (or at least assemble) by themselves
  • I wrapped the desktop with plastic papers to avoid scratching and damaging it
  • This desk from IKEA is definitely a good thing to be placed in your bedroom or working station, strongly recommended

• by Feng

I moved from student apartment to a house in February this year. In my old student apartment, all furnitures were provided and basically students can move in and establish there very easily. Therefore, when I moved out, i need to purchase furnitures and electronics for daily use. IKEA, one of the most recognized furniture manufacturers in the world is the place we went for our purchasing.

One of the most satisfactory furnitures

that I got was the IKEA desk that I lie my hands on now. This is a plain white colour desk with a retractable drawer. One of the thing that makes me like it is because I assembled it myself, and I believe people tend to like something that they make (or at least assemble) by themselves.

The most exciting feature of this desk is the retractable drawer. I have friends who ...

• bought similar desk without drawer, and now they have to cram everything onto the desktop. Whereas, I have my keyboard sitting on the drawer, which is at the right height for my hands to reach for typing, instead of putting it on my lap or on the crammed desk.

I wrapped the desktop with plastic papers to avoid scratching and damaging it. The obvious benefit of doing that is, after using

this desk for about six months, it still looks new, and can possibly be sold at a good price when I finish my studies. One of the good things about assembling my own desk is, I can fix it whenever it starts to look unstable or something, and therefore it can last longer for use.

This desk from IKEA is definitely a good thing to be placed in your bedroom or working station, strongly recommended!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 57107391981031/k2311a071/7.1.08