Cinnamon Toast Crunch breakfast cereal
  • I usually don't like sweet cereals, but I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch
  • I bought it because it was on sale, and because my teenage granddaughter likes it
  • Well, anyway, one morning I decided to try this cereal myself, mostly because I was all out of oatmeal, Cheerios and Special K
  • They do stay crunchy in milk for at least ten minutes, which is amazing for any cereal
  • I recommend this for an occasional treat, but it has way too much sugar and fat to be my regular breakfast cereal

• by Tessa Dick

I usually don’t like sweet cereals, but I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I bought it because it was on sale, and because my teenage granddaughter likes it. She visits pretty regularly, especially in the summer when school is out. Besides, it’s from General Mills, a company that I trust.

Well, anyway, one morning I decided to try this

cereal myself, mostly because I was all out of oatmeal, Cheerios and Special K. It was a delightful experience! These little squares are like crackers coated with cinnamon and sugar. They do stay crunchy in milk for at least ten minutes, which is amazing for any cereal.

They do have tons of sugar, so I would never eat ...

• them every day, but they are delicious. I have even eaten them by the handful, without milk. They look like Wheat Thins crackers, but less than half the size. The sugar and cinnamon do falloff and make a mess, if you are not careful.

A 130 calorie serving (3/4 cup) has a whopping 30 calories from fat, but

there is no trans fat. It also has ten grams of sugar, which is a lot.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch makes a nice snack, and you can eat it on the go, since you don’t have to have milk. I recommend this for an occasional treat, but it has way too much sugar and fat to be my regular breakfast cereal.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27107391961031/k2311a071/7.1.08