Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Mexican Dark Chocolate and Chilli
  • It's made with 66% cocoa solids, which is ideal for me as I love dark chocolate
  • Then I noticed that the texture is different
  • I found this pleasantly spicy, rather than overpowering
  • The heat of the chillies seems to compliment the richness of the dark chocolate, and overall I have to say it's quite an exciting experience

• by Daisy2000

I’d heard that certain cultures put chilli in their chocolate and for a long time I’ve been wanting to find out what it’s like. So when I saw this chocolate bar on special offer I had to buy it.

It’s made with 66% cocoa solids, which is ideal for me as I love dark chocolate. At

first I just tasted the chocolate which has a rich, pleasantly bitter taste. Then I noticed that the texture is different. Tiny chopped up bits of chilli have been mixed in with the chocolate, and you can feel the little chilli pieces when you chew. This is a bit surprising, but not unpleasant, it ...

• gives the chocolate more texture, and means that there’s something extra in your mouth once the chocolate has melted!

It’s when you are chewing that you also taste the chilli. I found this pleasantly spicy, rather than overpowering. The heat of the chillies seems to compliment the richness of the dark chocolate, and overall

I have to say it’s quite an exciting experience!

If you don’t like spicy food then it’s probably best to stay away as there seem to be a generous amount of chillis in there. But if you like chillis and chocolate and want an unusual taste experience then this is definitely worth a try.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27107391931031/k2311a071/7.1.08