American Bulldog
  • I take pride in the fact that I know a lot and continue to learn about numerous breeds
  • Being informed and taking time to research possible breeds we were interested in has made our decision making a very satisfying experience

• by workin4me

We got our American Bulldog after the passing of our 12 year old Chow Chow/Wolf Hybrid mix. That was 4 years ago. I have always considered myself a “dog” person.

I take pride in the fact that I know a lot and continue to learn about numerous breeds; and not just the ones most are familiar with from the American Kennel Club

(AKC). Being informed and taking time to research possible breeds we were interested in has made our decision making a very satisfying experience.

Not taking time to research and know what you are getting yourself into can create a bad situation for you, your family and friends, and the dog. We researched how the American Bulldog came into existence, its temperament, how ...

• big it’ll get, etc.

These are all things you should take into consideration when getting ANY dog. After 4 years, I can say that our American Bulldog was a good choice.

The only challenge I face is teaching my children to handle our dog. The American Bulldog genuinely loves children.

Ours has a hard time seeing the children as pack leaders rather

than playmates and little people to watch over. We’re getting there, though.

If you’re prepared to take on the responsibility of owning a dog that requires you to be the pack leader, the American Bulldog is for you. Just make sure you do your research before bringing one home.

This can actually be said for any dog you are thinking about bringing home.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 29107391551031/k2311a071/7.1.08