Warranty Corporation of America  » Business  »
0.5
  • So, I thought I'd take advantage of the warranty rather than fixing it myself
  • I'm not the only one who has had such a horrible experience
  • Many others agree with me on how poorly they handle their customers and their concerns

• by Waldorf PC

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

When dealing with this company, I would have to say that I’ve had nothing but horrible experiences. What happened is that my father purchased a laptop for my brother. He bought an extended warranty for it.

When my brother no longer wanted the computer and purchased a new one, it was given to me. Of course, things were messed up on it, and alot of repairs were needed.

So, I thought I’d take advantage of

the warranty rather than fixing it myself.

Each time I put a call into the Warranty Corporation of America, I was given the run around.

I waited over a month each time to receive the box and labels to send the Compact away for repair. I had to place calls several times to make sure things were done correctly, as there conveniently seemed to be something wrong each time, such as orders for repair not pricessing ...

• and the like.

I seemed to only get results when I threatened to call the Better Business Bureau, report them to consumer services, and take the matter to my attorney general’s office.

My extended warranty expires on December twenty-fourth of this year.

I must say that I’ll not be renewing. From here on out, I’ll be repairing things myself.

Thank God I have the knowledge to do so. I’ll conclude by saying that if you

purchase an extended warranty or Office Depot Protection Plan, be aware.

Be prepared to lose your mind, be angry, and walk away pissed off. I’m not the only one who has had such a horrible experience.

Many others agree with me on how poorly they handle their customers and their concerns.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 413006391220130/k2311a0630/6.30.08