St Andrews Football Stadium Birmingham UK
Birmingham, England
  • The food in my opinion is reasonably priced and is great at half time with a cup of coffee while we waited for the second half to begin
  • If you are thinking of going to St Andrews for the first time and you are a Birmingham City fan then I would recommend you sit in the Tilton Stand for the atmosphere or the Spion Kop for the view

• by Lyndsey

My Dad and I used to go to St Andrews every other Saturday afternoon to watch our favorite football team Birmingham City play. My dad and I have supported Birmingham City for many years now from when it was standing only and in a very decrepit state, to the all seater stadium that it is today, it has been transformed into a great footballing stadium. Located at the stadium is the club shop which is jammed

packed full of Birmingham City merchandise, on match days there are always long queues to get inside. As with many of the football stadiums of today the food on offer is of the fast food variety with burgers, chips and hotdogs being typical of what is on offer. The food in my opinion is reasonably priced and is great at half time with a cup of coffee while we waited for the second half to begin.

• The stadium itself now looks great after the work that has been done on it in recent years. The pitch is in excellent condition; my father and me have sat in the same seats for many years now behind the goals in The Tilton.

Since my parents moved to Spain and I had my two children I don’t get to go to the games as often but I do try to go up whenever I can and

I have taken my eldest child up there with me, as the place has a great family atmosphere.

If you are thinking of going to St Andrews for the first time and you are a Birmingham City fan then I would recommend you sit in the Tilton Stand for the atmosphere or the Spion Kop for the view. The ground is very easy to get to but car parking is terrible so I would recommend using public transport.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352806390520530/k2311a0628/6.28.08