Great American Paintballs  » Sport  »
0.5
  • These paintballs are definitely some of the worst I've had for 40 a case
  • I thought wrong, and I would hate to see someone else fall into the same trap that I did
  • I wouldn't recommend buying these paintballs at all if you're buying them just because you're interested in the scent, it is nowhere near worth the price that they're listed at, because the paint overall is such horrible quality and the scent is nothing special

• by navypwn

When I first looked at these paintballs, I figured that since they’re labeled “Great American” paintballs, that they’d either be really good, or a really good “American Value”. I was pretty much wrong on both. It was also really weird that the paintballs are scented, although they’re not nearly scented how they should be, but who really wants or needs scented paintballs? Who cares what the fill smells like, they’re paintballs! These paintballs are definitely some of the worst I’ve had for 40 a case. I’ve been purchasing RPS and Nelson paintballs for several years now, and I figured that since these were by RPS that they’d be decent paintballs. I thought wrong, and I would hate to see someone else fall into the same trap that I did. There really is nothing worse than completely wasting 40 bucks of your heart-earned money. Don’t buy these paintballs if you can help it, they’re nowhere near what they’re advertised at. If you’re going

to buy these regardless of what I say, buy them at a retail store anyways, if you purchase them online you’re going to have so many breaks that you’re going to have to clean each paintball individually. Good luck with that.

The scent was pretty much horrible. I mean, when I got mine I could tell that there was some apple scent lingering there, but the scent was really faint, and made me feel kind of sick because it was still mixed with the scent of paint. But still, who really wants scented paintballs? Paintball isn’t paintball without the smell of paintballs, in their original form, screw specially scented paintballs which are horrible anyways. I wouldn’t recommend buying these paintballs at all if you’re buying them just because you’re interested in the scent, it is nowhere near worth the price that they’re listed at, because the paint overall is such horrible quality and the scent is nothing special.

The accuracy was terrible as well.

• I had curve balls about every other shot, and the shots in between weren’t 100% accurate either. The balls are easily dimpled and seem as if they have been sitting in a hot warehouse for decades. I mean, they’re so bad that I wouldn’t even play with them, you’re better off burning the 40 dollars. This paint doesn’t even meet my practice paint standards and I doubt it will meet anyone else’s standards for any type of play either. They’re not even worth wasting your time with.

The consistency is about as bad as it gets, I mean nearly as bad as seconds. They’re quite often misshaped, and are very rarely 100% round and consistent. The balls aren’t shaped uniformly at all. If you’re going to play with these, I hope you’ve got a barrel squeegee with you at all times, as well as something to clean your hopper out when they break in there and cause huge messes as well as ruin

the rest of the paint in the hopper. Trust me, these paintballs really aren’t worth it for a few of these reasons. They’re of horrible quality and not fit to be played with. Buy something different with your money, you can get tons of different kinds of paint for this same price or less which is better paint overall and won’t break in your barrel, curve, and smell terrible.

I’m pretty sure that RPS manufactures these paintballs. However, I won’t hold these paintballs against RPS, they’re horrible paintballs but RPS is long known for providing the public with pretty good paintballs, so I will continue to buy from RPS regardless of this horrible product which they have released. I hope to see that this product is removed from shelves and online stores, because it’s horrible paint and I hate to see people are actually purchasing it. Do not buy this paint! There are better paintballs you can buy for the same price or less!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 352806390250430/k2311a0628/6.28.08