Orange jam recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I wasn't very enthusiastic because I dont like oranges very much and I know that oranges are acid and jam is supposed to be sweet
  • I went to a store and I found oranges for about 40 cents per chilogram and that's I think the cheapest fruit I've ever seen so I bought 3kg and I came home and made this jam
  • I like this jam because it is unusual and it very good in cookies

• by lorelai

I really like jams and I eat them every morning. There’s no better jam than the one made at home.

I usually make fig and plums jam, chestnut jam, apricot jam and similar usual jams.

About a year ago a friend gave me the recipe for a jam of oranges.

I wasn’t very enthusiastic because I dont like oranges very much and I know that oranges are acid and jam is supposed to be sweet.

I went to a store and I found oranges for about 40 cents per chilogram and that’s I

think the cheapest fruit I’ve ever seen so I bought 3kg and I came home and made this jam.

It is little bit acid and it’s not a usually jam but I think that it is special just because of that.

I use it mostly when I bake cookies because it gives them excelent taste and the sugar and orange caramelize in the oven and that makes the cookies special.

Anyway this is the recipe 6 oranges 2 lemones the waight of oranges of sugar 2 bags of vanila sugar cinamon if you ...

• like it You have to put the oranges and lemons in a bowl full of water with 6 big spoons of salt and leave them there for at least 24 hours.

You need to do that because the jam is prepared with the whole orange so salt makes the orange and its peel to become much less bitter.

After 24 hours you don’t peel the oranges and lemons you put them with the peel in the mixer or cut it on the small and tin slices.

You put that mixure in the pot and

cook for at least 1 hour until you see that that the orange started to disintegrate and that it is becoming homogene mash, If you think that it needs more water you can add about 2 or 3 dl.

Then when the oranges are mashed you add sugar little by little and cook untl the jam becomes as dense as you want it.

If the oranges were long enough in the water with salt you will see that the jam wont be bitter at all.

I like this jam because it is unusual and it very good in cookies

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492806390150430/k2311a0628/6.28.08