Lands End Women’s Regular Stretch Boot-cut Jeans  » Clothes  »
  • My friends all had the opposite problem - tiny waists but a wider backside, and somehow they could all find jeans
  • I know there must be other women out there who have the same body type and are frustrated with the choices out there

• by Mrs Chev

I’ve never been a traditional jeans wearer. Hate them, frankly. My body type has never been conducive to wearing jeans. If they fit my wide waist, they looked like clown pants in the hips and thighs.

If they fit my hips and thighs, I couldn’t button them up. Shopping for jeans ended up frustration and sometimes tears. My friends all had the opposite problem - tiny waists but a wider backside, and somehow they could all find jeans.

Instead

of normal jeans, I’d wear jean-type leggings from Walmart. But there were no pockets and they just really didn’t look like jeans. Finally, at age 39, I’ve found jeans that actually FIT.

Lands End has a fit called “modern fit”. It sits below waist, a bit lower than most jeans but not so low that you feel like a teenager or have your underwear showing any time you bend over. I can button them.

I can BREATHE in them.

• At $39. 50, they are not exactly cheap, but they are a lot cheaper than many other brands.

They fit my body type without cutting off circulation or leaving indentations in my stomach. Even after washing and putting them in the dryer, they still fit perfectly. No shrinkage, no waiting for them to loosen up.

They fit just as well after the dryer as they do at the end of the day. This fit is also available in capri pants. I

know there must be other women out there who have the same body type and are frustrated with the choices out there.

Try the Lands End modern fit - this company is known for its high quality products and excellent customer service, so you really have nothing to lose. The modern fit is the key - I’ve tried Lands End traditional fit with poor results. But for those of us whose waist is about as wide as our hips - the modern fit is an excellent choice!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 552806390080430/k2311a0628/6.28.08