TLC Baby Amore Yarn  » Other  »
  • I would recommend this to anyone that wanted to crochet a baby afghan with a special soft touch to it

• by Cathie

I just purchased this yarn so I can make a baby afghan with a hood for a friend at church. For each new baby coming I try to crochet a baby afghan and pray for the new baby and its family with every stitch. The yard that I purchased is made by Coats and Clark out of Greenville, South Carolina

and is called TLC Baby Amore’.

It is worsted and medium weight, number 4 and has five ounces in each skein. This yarn has a chenille type look to it and is so soft! This yarn is eighty per cent acrylic and twenty per cent nylon and is machine-washable on the warm and gentle cycle with tumble dry on low.

Be sure not to over dry garment made form this yarn. For best results, you need to only hand wash and lay flat to dry.

You cannot iron it, of course. It was marked down to 3.

29 per skein at Michael’s so I latched onto it and bought five skeins. All of the other colors of Baby Amore’ ...

• TLC Baby Amore Yarn
      was 4.

99 each skein. This yarn comes in variegated, baby blue, yellow, green, baby green, white and pink.

I am using a J needle and it is crocheting up so beautifully. Even with the chenille type yarn it is so easy to work with.

It doesn’t have any stray threads that get caught in your crochet needle; it

just runs smoothly through my crochet needle and through my fingers. I would recommend this to anyone that wanted to crochet a baby afghan with a special soft touch to it.

It also has a pattern included on the back of the label for a baby afghan called the ripple afghan using blue and white yarn. It is a great pattern for a beginner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122806389590330/k2311a0628/6.28.08