American River College
Sacramento, Ca
  • I got my AA degree here, but moreover I got the experience of a lifetime
  • The professors I met along the way were wonderful and inspired in me a great love for learning and being the best I can be in life
  • This college is very special not because it was my college, but because of all the wonderful staff and faculty that work here, and the amazing support services it offers

• by Sanda

I was a student at American River College from 2000 till 2004, and the experiences I had in this magical place shaped my future. I got my AA degree here, but moreover I got the experience of a lifetime. The professors I met along the way were wonderful and inspired in me a great love for learning and being the best I can be in life.

Soon after I became a student, I started

working as a tutor in a reading program, and later returned as an instructional assistant. I am now working here as a full time instructional assistant. This college is very special not because it was my college, but because of all the wonderful staff and faculty that work here, and the amazing support services it offers.

At ARC there are resources for every student and need. From my experience, this is one of the few ...

• community colleges in California to offer so many services and resources for its students. It is certainly one of the largest ones in the state, but the students don’t feel that. The personal attention offered is truly remarcable and life changing. Just a few of these programs are: the Reading Center, the Writing Center, Reading Across the Disciplines (RAD), Writing across the Curriculum (WAC), Science Skills Center (SSC), the Spot Center (a resource
        where students can come and hang out, ask questions, use computers…), the Beacon program (peer tutoring), the Learning Resources Center,etc. These programs are enhanced by facilities that are improved constantly, and by instructors who actually love to give A’s.

American River College, even though a community college, is a great choice for a freshman or a sophmore, as well as for a student looking for a great certificate or associate degree program in a variety of fields.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502606388970630/k2311a0626/6.26.08