DirecTV Satellite Service
  • Any time I have had a problem, I have been able to call and have it straightened out
  • I have not noticed any difference with the loss of service during storms - both Dish and DirecTV lose service at an equal rate
  • All in all, I like DirecTV better than Dish

• by PinchingAbe

We have been DirecTV customers for nearly 3 years. We were previously Dish Network subscribers, but found that they marketed heavily to get new customers, while offering no incentive or upgrades for loyal customers who had been with them a number of years.

We called Dish and begged for newer equipment and threatened to leave if they didn’t offer us something to stay. They didn’t, so we held true to our threat and switched to DirecTV, getting basically the same

package a little cheaper, not to mention a DVR (Tivo)thrown in. The equipment was free after rebates.

Since then, we have been very pleased. Any time I have had a problem, I have been able to call and have it straightened out. In fact, when our DVR would not connect to the local number, they offered me a deal on a new one that would, so long as we extended our contract.

As for satellite picture, it is the ...

• same or better than we received with Dish. People complain about the loss of satellite service during storms. This happens with both services, honestly. I have not noticed any difference with the loss of service during storms - both Dish and DirecTV lose service at an equal rate. Cable TV might be a better option for those who live in an area where there are frequent storms and weather disturbances.

DirecTV also offers a handy credit card autopay, which

we signed up for. The payment is paid automatically and it is one less check to write out each month. They also frequently offer special deals for referring friends and family to their service.

All in all, I like DirecTV better than Dish. From my dealings with them, I do feel that they appreciate their current customers, as well as future ones, just the same. I did not feel appreciated as a customer at Dish, but I do at DirecTV.

DirecTV Satellite Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 232606388780530/k2311a0626/6.26.08