Kit Kittredge - American Girl Movie  » Movies  »
  • The movie was not well reviewed by the mainstream critics that I read but I thought it was good
  • I would recommend not waiting for the dvd

• by KAL

I recently took my daughter to a preview of the Kit Kittredge Movie. It was the package deal offered by American Girl in Manhattan. For $44, we saw the movie and had dinner at the American Girl Cafe.

Also included were, a tee shirt for my daughter, movie posterm souvenier program and a “goody bag” from American

Girl. Well worth the money for a day of bonding.

The movie was not well reviewed by the mainstream critics that I read but I thought it was good. Abigail Breslin plays Kit and Julia Ormond and Chris O’Donnell play her parents.

The story is based on the the Kit book series which takes place in ...

• 1934. While the actors are unlikely to get an Oscar nod, I felt they all did a good job.

While I did not read the book, my 10 year old tells me the movie was slightly different. I suspect the few changes were to give some depth for adults.

It has a few twists and turns

and not all of them were predicatable. Many of the mom’s in the theatre were crying at the touching end.

What more can you ask for but a nice day with your daughter that includes a few laughs and a few tears. I would recommend not waiting for the dvd.

Splurge and see it on the big screen.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112606388680530/k2311a0626/6.26.08