The Heartbreak Kid
1.0
  • I love him most in Meet the Parents and hated him in Zoolander
  • I think the movie's kind of juvenile and it wasn't really funny

• by Malou

I’m a Ben Stiller fan so I’ve seen almost all his films. I love him most in Meet the Parents and hated him in Zoolander.

I must say that I didn’t really like his latest movie The Heartbreak Kid, a remake of a 1972 comedy.

Directed by the Farrelly Brothers (Bobby and Peter),

famous for directing There’s Something About Mary, The Heartbreak Kid grossed me out.

It’s about Eddie Cantrow (Ben Stiller) a bachelor who is always teased by his father and bestfriend about his being still a bachelor at 40.

He then meets Lila, a seemingly perfect woman who he marries after just six weeks ...

• of dating.

While on their honeymoon in Mexico, Eddie realizes that he made a big mistake in marrying Lila because he finds out her true colors (quite repulsive) and realized that they have nothing in common.

While there, he meets Miranda (Michelle Monaghan) and falls in love.

He’s suddenly in a dilemma because

he doesn’t know how to tell this to both women.

This is the movie’s premise.

I think the movie’s kind of juvenile and it wasn’t really funny.

Most of the jokes were cruel and mean-spirited.

But I must say I liked Malin Ackerman’s performance as Lila.

Compared to There’s Something About Mary, this movie is trash.

The Heartbreak Kid

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112506386510430/k2311a0625/6.25.08