Playskool’s Simon Says Sit n Spin  » Baby care  »
0.5
  • The problem is that he can't spin on it by himself, I have to do it
  • Another part that I don't like about this is that it was so very difficult to put together
  • I hate this toy and would not recommend it to anyone

• by AmericanWomanOnline

My two year old son received this as a gift from my mother and sister last Christmas. He loves it! I don’t. The problem is that he can’t spin on it by himself, I have to do it. He also likes the Simon Says part of it, which can be turned off, but he knows how to turn it on. If he is spinning on it, and Simon say to spin faster, it doesn’t always register that we’ve done that, so it say ‘uh oh’ and my son has lot the ‘game’. My son has learned

the word ‘cheat’ from this toy, and he will get so mad at it, but he wants to spin on it and try to beat it. It isn’t that easy, though, to win, even though for an older child it might be. When Simon says to spin faster, we have to spin so fast that my son almost falls off, and that is just to get it to register so he doesn’t lose. There have been times when Simon said to spin slower, which we did, and that also didn’t register.

Another part that I don’t like about this is ...

• that it was so very difficult to put together. My mother didn’t put it together before she brought it over, and it took four adults and more than an hour to assemble it. It’s not huge, but rather too tight fitting to be easily put together. Even today, I have trouble keeping it together. The spindle with the handle comes off if you pull on it too much while spinning. However, that is what you are supposed to use to turn, and to turn, you must push and pull on it. Another thing I really hate
        about this toy is that my son got his finger stuck in it on the underside of the handle. I got it out easily, but it really scared him when it twisted his arm.

I hate this toy and would not recommend it to anyone. I’d love to see the model they had out in the 1970’s, though, as they were sturdy and when I played on ours, I never got hurt, and only had fun. My sister never had any problems with it, either. I give this toy a 1 due to all the unhappiness it’s brought me.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in June, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 542306384681030/k2311a0623/6.23.08